artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blueberries

Starting fairly young.

Drinking water during the experience with SRH.

Blueberries is one of the most delicious fruits. I just love it. I guess it is a bit like funghus picking in other countries, apart from that you can eat them while you are picking. I never really end up with a full bucket, as I tend to go into an ecstatic mode, where my gaze switches from one spot to the next then I throw myself down (like the bull Ferdinand did under the tree) and just lie there stuffing myself with this fruit. It is not something I do often and I had the opportunity to go on a bluberry picking trip with Sveinn Rúnar Hauksson and that was something. It is not a long time ago, but I really have a longing to do it again. Sveinn Rúnar has as a hobby to work as a doctor and is involved with all kinds of activites, and his main job the head of the Iceland - Palestine Organisation, but he also likes blueberries. Each summer a couple of weeks of to pick blueberries. He has become the expert in Iceland and each autumn the papers, television and radio phones him for tips where there is the best crop. Each crop is meticulously marked, with the jam, juice marked who it was picked with, when, where and so on. All detailed in a black notebook that marks up the statistics of this hobby. I admit he was not very impressed with be way of picking blueberries. Almost shocked and repulsed (I am exaggerating) at my frivolity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blueberries are my favourite fruit, perhaps I will book my next holiday to Iceland to do some picking. When exactly is the season?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

@Carpe_diem
Grácies, estic bastant contenta. Ja he rebut mitxages de la meva familia d'Islandia. El primer, ja podem vendre 280 000 camisetas. Ja ja ja.

@Marta
The season is in late August, early September.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home