artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

8 August 1984


That was the day I moved to Sweden. That I left my country and I now can return for the very first time for Christmas.
I have to admit I am very excited, not sure if I look forward to Svið and Hangikjöt, (sheeps head and smoked lamb), but yes to the Brenna (the bonfire at the beach), obviously freezing cold, the Nordic Lights and fireworks.

On top of that, I will watch the Clásico, not sure if I should watch it in town, where people tend to get extremely drunk on the 23rd or if I should go and watch it in the Old People´s Home, with old sailors and fortunetellers.

It is such a shame that Messi won´t be playing, but I do think the team won´t embarrass anyone and I think that in some way Messi´s injury will keep the team on their toes. It would be a good, if not wonderful feeling if Eiður would score the winning goal. After all the crucade against him started with his miss against Madrid.




I will try to add some anecdotes, while I am away, although I suspect my mother will keep my schedule tight, baking cakes, cooking and bla bla bla.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many posts these last weeks... And good ones. I read em, but I just didn't have any time to comment. (So much for people who think you have a lazy time when you are on strike.)

My opinions on Franklin (not tired of him, yet) and Ronaldinho (extremly tired of him, still) didn't change, anyway.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm also going (I'm going home every year, so it's not that special), but because of the match I decided to book a flight on Christmas Eve. Didn't wanna risk watching (i.e. possibly not being able to watch) the match at home.

And well, if Franklin is reading your blog: 1; 5, 4, 3, 22; 24, 20, 6; 8, 9, 27.

Merry Christmas.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gleideleg Jol elska min og...
BON ANY 2008!
And the winner are.... ;)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ulague said...

bon nadal i felic any nou!

I guess that was it though..s'acaba una era.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mr Towers said...

Fones Festes.

osti, mos han passat pel damunt com apissonadores...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Almirante Moi said...

YRSA, WHERE ARE YOU?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Señó.Cherinola said...

con sierto retraso pero merri y bon anyo nuebo crisma tingui busté

9:02 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

Thanks Diego.
For some reason i did not manage to allow the Madrid game to spoil me. Was in Iceland where no one understands my Electra complex.
It was god damn annoying, they played so badly.

happy new year to the other ones.


I have been stuck in Iceland, too busy with connections. Now a total new phase is coming up, and I suspecct it might take some of my time.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home