artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Calm and Patience




Slowly, it seems to be happening. Not sure entirely when that sensation came, perhaps it was against Sevilla in the Cup, perhaps against Sevilla in the league or perhaps it was against Zaragoza last week. Barcelona won a very difficult game away from home, where Diego Milito missed a penalty, Barça were handed a goal and a penalty. The luck of the Champions? Hmmm, still remains to be seen.
The Celtic game was the first game in I don´t know how long that Barça, my team came from behind to win a game. Suddenly there was spirit, team effort, sacrification, hugnger.

It could well be that the egos have had enough and have finally realised that it is not that funny that people laugh or spit in your face. I hope that they have decided to pull themselves out of the mess they got themselves in to. During the game against Celtic, I had a strong feeling, that we would win, you could see the hunger in the players eyes, it was not the same complacent gaze since Paris 2006. Yes almost two years.
Today, I decided not to go to the stadium in order to paint (as you know my schedule is fierce and hard), but I did go to the bar to watch the game. Xavi scored, then Zambrotta in one of his moods committed an extremely stupid penalty and it was 1-1. No - I never had a doubt, we would win this, it was just going to be like that. I also said to my dad that Madrid would loose or draw. The words of a witch.
Monday is looming and 9 points became six, then eight, then five and now two...
Let´s not forget however that the future is just starting, not just for myself, but for this team. Let´s forget about Mourinho, Ronaldinho and Benzema. The hard work has just began. Just began.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ulague said...

All we need is just a little patience....

I don't know what happened, I don't know how it happened, but maybe the clasico defeat plus the pasadillo cover for Marca just was too much. And now for the first time all players fit..hm...
Forca Frank!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

It is curious, about sports, as it is so psychologocial. All it takes, is the head and heart to combine in an effort. Once you relax five percent, it doesn't become enough. For the first time in ages, it seems like it is a team and not a vulgar bunch. I hope they go back to what I really liked about the team. The work effort, the solidarity and so on.
But patience, one of the biggest treats of Frank. If... If... Frank goes there is nothing more than I would like than him leaving by the BIG door. But I prefer that he stayes. Let's not forget though, that some renovations need to be done in the summer.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every club has a dark side and Mourinho affair is mainly involved with this horrible dark side of Barça, some people having interest in welcoming Mourinho to our club and weaving goodbye to Frank. It happens the same with the Etoo/Ronaldinho affair, the fucking media... they weren't so bad two weeks ago but they are not the champions today. Now that Laporta has to leave the club shit floats around, I hate the "entorno" but I can't live without it (it's Barça, it's Catalonia)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

Yes two years and it is somehow starting.
I think that Soriano would like to take the trump card (Mourinho) off Rosell's hands. I can't imagine Rosell bringing Scolari ten years late. C Ronaldo - I have a bad feeling about it. He smells bad (like my grandmother would say).
But I also think that Mourinho's cycle wouldn't last more than 3 years, even if he would be dying to beat Cruyiff's legacy at the club.

Just impressions, eh - no affirmation.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Emili said...

In my opinion

- Frank is a gentlman of football and a great person but I´d like a change in our club. Only matter of technical direction, only this. In the futur I´d prefeer a different coach... as Mourinho for exemple.

Great post and great pictures. Congratulations.

Emili. Visca el Barça.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Ulague said...

to be honest...after el clasico I felt personally insulted by Frank, but maybe his thought was that the team has to learn a lesson in order to get back to work and him getting the control.
Eitherway, Frank might feel at some point, that he doesn't want to coach Barca anymore. Once that day comes, I want either Mou or Ancelotti, who is also a nice guy and everything, but equally a brilliant coach. However, Mou has also history with us..
avui, demà i per sempre amb el barca à meu cor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I88VYnpJUR0

5:53 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

@Emili
I have my doubts about Mourinho, think if Rijkaard works then he is the best, on all fronts. Mourinho might be the best on the ptich, but not sure on all the other fronts. Remember cocoaching Barça is not just coaching the team...
I suspect that moment might come in the summer.
Fans on peninsula are so inpacient.

@Jordi
I guess Ancelotti has done quite well with an old team, a team that seems not to have much to offer, but almost always reaches finals, but I am not coninced.
Mourinho - I might find it funny in a way but not sure it would be a good idea in some ways.
Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Anyway I wanted to put the future on hold, as the present looks quite good and exciting.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Orfeo said...

Yrsa:

This is the first time that I found a little of time to read your -absolutely beautiful- blog. It blows my mind the post of "My life". Awesome. You see, I'm from Mexico, and as you see my english is not very good, I understand everything but I'm a little dumb for the grammar and how write it down. Anyway, I finally have the courage to put my opinion in your blog. By the way, the first time that I see you was in the banyeres blog, I read everyday the comments but I don't really can said anything new, in that space are so many talent.
Oh, one last thing, and only if you want, I can write in Spanish. It makes me happy with that. ^^

3:54 AM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

Orfeo,
you can write in any language you want.
I am glad you seem to like it. Even if the blog is esoteric, feel free.
I am not sure how much of football I know, but I like it and I am even more obsessed with watercolours, I am trying to look at the aspects of football that are purely not about results.
I have to say that I don't tend to take the train home at 19.45, as I go for a drink with the people from my class and I also tend to skip dinner as I get home too late, but I religiously paint upon arrival.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home