artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Une Belle Fille Come Moi!

Truffaut is one of my top top directors. I love the gentle style of his films and I love how he intertwines stories and retells them, through a third person or encounters. He hardly shows sex, but still they are very sensual. He is a gentleman of the true kinds. You always have such a warm touch within your heart after watching his films, you tend to fall in love with the characters. There is always a moment where you think oh that was nicely done. When nice is normally a word to avoid, or to be nice is an act to avoid, I think it can justifiably be said to be something positive, when referring to Truffaut. I simply just love him. When this world if full of people wanting to shout the loudest I really appreciate understatement and humbleness. However Une Belle Fille Comme Moi is just annoying, harsh, brutish and compared to other films you never get any affection of his characters, which gives you a cold feeling. There is some of those typical Truffaut shots, where he freezes the camera in order to prolong, but that is about it. As a fan of François Truffaut, I wanted to see it to the very end, but it is true, it is his worst film.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowww!!! A FILM Today!!!
YrsaMin!:)
No t'entenc del tot. Però això es normal entre pares i... fills.
Així que akesta val la pena tenir-la en la DVDteca?
I per cert..
Qui vols que guanyi entre... ÍslandVersusEspaÑa? ;)
Petons.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this one, but I understand what you mean about his understated positive effect, its very seductive.

My favourite film of his is full of that, "L'Homme qui aimait les femmes" (The Man who loved women).
Its so "nice".

12:04 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

I also love that one, but I think one weekend I watched the whole Antoine Doneil series and I simply fell in love with the actor and how it was told. There is something so human, suttle of how he tells something.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mr Towers said...

last week there was la nuit americaine on tv. I remember I saw when child and it really shocked me, as it was the first time I saw a self-content fiction, that is, a fiction(the movie they shoot) within a fiction (the one we see).

I hadn't seen it again since then, and last week I was impresed by the firts scene, the long travelling involving the village square, cars passing by, and people walking and all. Pitty I couldn't see more than 20 min. as I was giving dinner my child. The way she was crying, I think she didn't like the film ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

@Mr Towers
It is the only film by Truffaut (I think) that I don't have, but I went an bought it on ebay (it was cheap) I was just talking to a friend who actually is not a fan of Truffaut and I just could not believe it, perhaps it is the main actor in the Antoine Denoil series that got me, but I just like him so much, I also like Fassbinder but for opposite reasons (he is everything Truffaut is not), with the world being like it is - I find Truffaut very important.
Where the small things matter more than the BIG Thing...

@pabbi
No no val la pena, es la unica pel•licula de Truffaut que em sembla mal -
translation not needed.
Islandia Espana, no me importa nadie.
Quizas Islandia por cierto, por ser un pais pequeno, pero es igual de patriotico...:)
Perdó em vaig oblidar en escriure amb CATALÁ...

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home